The 2015 AGM: inspired by Pocetti, Dante’s home city, and TCM Italy
May 12, 2015
REYKJAVIK, Iceland (TCM Newsroom) — TCM’s AGM went off in memorable style this year as host TCM Italy made every effort to ensure the event would inspire its participants as never before.
The 70 plus participants held meetings in the famous Pocetti Hall of Florence’s Art Gallery Hotel and dined in the Palazzo Gianfigliazzi Bonaparte, to name two of the highlights.
The Italian team consisted of Mses. Elena Nicosia, Karolina Sadowsca, Sabrina Pirola, Rossela Madia, and Giada Ducci and Mr. Matteo Capitani.
“We all enjoyed a wonderful gathering thanks to Elena’s discerning taste and unremitting work in selecting the hotel, meeting venue, restaurants, and activities, and in helping each of the delegates when help was needed,” said the directors of the Group in a joint letter several days after the proceedings.
The directors also expressed their resounding gratitude to the entire Italian team, whose hosting efforts set a new milestone in TCM Group history.
With the sumptuous frescos of Bernardino Pocetti as backdrop to their meetings, Group members and affiliates tackled the demanding tasks of the AGM with ease, verve and an openness to fresh ideas.
The inspiration drawn from these surroundings expressed itself in five days of productive meetings in which the Group forged ahead with its mission to become the prime global service provider in international debt collection.
The beauty of Dante’s home city, combined with the professionalism, conviviality and solicitousness of the AGM’s hosts, only served to strengthen further the important social ties within the Group.
Here, then, is a rundown of some of the outcomes and action points of the 2015 AGM:
- A new board was elected for the year ahead, comprising Mr. Hubert Czapinski of TCM Poland (Chairman), Mr. Etienne Van Der Vaeren of TCM Belgium (CEO), Ms. Laila Aly Saleh of TCM Egypt (Secretary), Mr. Shaun Duncan of TCM South Africa (Treasurer), and Mr. Jeff Li of TCM China (Director).
- The board established a new “Compliance & Complaints Committee” and appointed Mr. Jeff Li, Mr. Shaun Duncan, and Mr. Etienne Van Der Vaeren as its members.
- TCM Sweden (Profina) placed first in the Group’s annual quality survey, followed by TCM Italy (NIVI), TCM Israel (Eilat Law Offices), TCM Belgium (TCM BE), and TCM Iceland (TH & L law firm).
- Delegates agreed to develop the Group’s online Client Platform further, including features such as claims transfer and claims reporting.
- TCM Ukraine partners Denys Kopii and Dmytro Golopapa presented a new Group publicity video that was produced by a Moscow studio and which will be available to all members and affiliates in the near future. Messrs. Kopii and Golopapa also organized a team of cameramen to record interviews with delegates and take photographs.
- Delegates expressed their special thanks to Ms. Seema Kumar (TCM India) and Mr. Sigurbjörn Thorbergson (TCM Iceland) for dedicating their time, efforts, wits, and creativity to the Group while serving as board members in challenging, and sometimes turbulent, times.
- Delegates ratified a budget that enables continuing optimization of the Group’s integrity, performance, and services.
- A record €13,160 was raised in proceeds from the third TCM Charity Auction as delegates pledged generous bids for the items they had brought from their home countries. TCM Group added a further €2,000 to this sum, giving an overall total of €15,160, which will be donated to the Meyer Children’s Hospital.
Next year’s AGM is scheduled to take place in Dubai and already the Group is looking forward to building on the synergy, inspiration, and good spirits of this year’s memorable meeting.